[omniORB] Does OmniORB work with Java ORB

Wernke zur Borg wernke.zur.borg at vega.de
Thu May 11 09:08:42 BST 2006

I have made good experience with both Sun's JDK and JacORB.

Just beware of boolean types in a union discriminator variable. The Sun IDL compiler is generating invalid Java code, even still with the latest version. I am just having a bit of headache about that, but interoperability is no problem.

Regards, Wernke

	Mark Johnson wrote:

	We've been using omniORB and Java for years - it works great!  Currently we are using omniORB 4.0.6 and JRE 1.4.2_11.  The JRE includes the runtime and the JDK contains the IDL compiler (idlj) to create the Java stubs from your IDL files.  Its very straightforward.

	Alex Chen wrote:

		Thanks for the information, Attila.

		I only need to use the CORBA feature.  Actually I am not familiar with OVB and CCM at all.

		I am more interested in using the native ORB that comes with JRE, if there is one shipped in
		1.4.x, so that I do not need to use another ORB.

		Any one has such experience at all?

		Alex