[omniORB] Destroying itself

Wernke zur Borg wernke.zur.borg at vega.de
Thu May 11 09:01:47 BST 2006

 Attila wrote:
 >  Anyway, any thought on ServantActivator POA?

 Well... I have not tried it but I believe it is not worth the effort if you only want to activate/deactivate your worker objects. I would consider using it if I had more to do like admistrating a pool of worker objects, assigning them to more than one client, taking care that only a maximum number of them exists, or the like. Bolton gives a good example with the 'Lazy Activation' pattern in his book.

For my simple case the RefCountServantBase is just the thing I need for auto-destruction.

Regards, Wernke