[omniORB] Re: Patch for omniORB_new.spec on x86_64

Dirk O. Siebnich dok at dok-net.net
Thu May 11 03:14:03 BST 2006

As the author of the spec file in question, I beg to disagree with the
findings. Patrick, you have not stated which distribution you are using.
I have found both Mandriva and SUSE Linux (I am using 10.0) to support
x86_64 extensively enough for the spec file to be fully functional. I
have also heard reports about earlier versions of Fedora Core to be less
consistent. It appears to me that your situation falls in the latter
category. With the spec file being in an experimental state as far as
the omniORB maintainer is concerned, I would like to ask that it not be
modified to cater to your problem, as it will surely go away on your
platform sooner or later. Just use the file as a template for your own
builds right now. If your patch were applied, users of the platform that
I designed it on would suffer regressions themselves.

-Dirk