[omniORB] Server crash

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Wed May 10 17:17:22 BST 2006

On Friday 5 May, =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Bj=F6rn_Hagemeier?= wrote:

> my server crashes (SEGFAULT) when a rather complex struct is requested
> from it. I've tried initializing all attributes of the struct, so
> nothing uninitialized would cause the trouble. That didn't help. Below's
> a stack trace from GDB, that may help you identify the problem. If
> necessary, I'll put up a minimal example that shows the behavior.

The stack trace looks like you compiled with optimisation -- the line
numbers don't make sense. Try compiling without optimisation, and that
will hopefully show where it's going wrong.

You might try editing the generated marshalling code for the struct to
print out its progress. That will also give you a clue about where it
blows up.