[omniORB] Patch for omniORB_new.spec on x86_64

Patrick Hartling patrick.hartling at gmail.com
Wed May 10 10:58:38 BST 2006

I have attached a patch to fix building the omniORB RPM on an x86_64
installation of Linux. As far as I can tell, the omniORB build will be
told by AM_PATH_PYTHON() to install its .py files into
/usr/lib/pythonX.Y/site-packages even when the primary Python files
are in /usr/lib64/pythonX.Y/site-packages. Since Python will search
both at run time, this does not seem like a major problem. However,
since omniORB_new.spec is expecting all the omniORB Python files to be
relative to %{_libdir}, it fails to package up the ones in
%{_prefix}/lib when %{_libdir} evaluates to %{_prefix}/lib64. The
attached patch fixes that case.

 -Patrick

--
Patrick L. Hartling