[omniORB] Destroying itself

Luke Deller ldeller at xplantechnology.com
Wed May 10 11:09:41 BST 2006

Hi Attila,

> I am working on an application, which does some processing, there are
> clients which ask for a processing object, make it do the processing,
> get the result, and leave.
> Till now I made a Provider object, which creates a new Processor
> object for this client, and sends its reference to the client.
> After the client finished with its needs, I want to destory the
> Processor.
> I could use the poa->deactivate_object but it would be better not to
> use an additional method, ot put it at the end of the processing
> method.
> I want so that the destroy would happen after the client disconnected.
> Is it possible to do such auto destroy?

I think that calling poa->deactivate_object from the end of the
processing method does what you want.  Note that this does not cause the
servant to be destroyed straight away; the servant will only be
destroyed after all outstanding calls to the object are completed (as
per section 11.3.9.17 of the CORBA spec).

Regards,
Luke.

Important Note
This email (including any attachments) contains information which is
confidential and may be subject to legal privilege.  If you are not
the intended recipient you must not use, distribute or copy this
email.  If you have received this email in error please notify the
sender immediately and delete this email. Any views expressed in this
email are not necessarily the views of XPlan Technology.

It is the duty of the recipient to virus scan and otherwise test the
information provided before loading onto any computer system.
Xplan Technology does not warrant that the
information is free of a virus or any other defect or error.