[omniORB] The thread-specific data destroyed in tread-pool policy thread model.

Michal Misiaszek misiaszek at computaris.com
Mon Mar 27 18:15:43 BST 2006

Hello,
I have following problem. In our server we are using thread specific data
structure to keep some information.
We are using thread-pool policy model in server and we are having many
clients connected to it. Recently we have strange problem with application
which was identified as destruction of thread specific data between client
calls. I beloved that in case of thread-pool threads are not destroyed but
only created when necessary (as pool is not initialized). Did I get
something wrong ? There is nothing about destroying threads if case they are
idle due to low load on server. Can somebody explain or give reference to
explanation of thread-pool detailed behavior ? How we can prevent server
threads from being destroyed ?
Thank you in advance.
Michal