[omniORB] tcpEndpoint closed - no client connections possible

Kiesswetter, Florian (Florian) fkiesswe at lucent.com
Sat Mar 25 15:07:54 GMT 2006

All,

I've been running a lot of servers on omniORB-4.0.3 and noticed that half of the servers were not be able to serve any client connections after a network outage. The tcpEndpoint socket has been closed and one task has exited (I expect the one running the giopRendezvouser?). Searching the mailing list archive I found one issue which has been fixed in release 4.0.5 regarding the handling of accept() errors in case of an ERRNO RC_EINTR.

So I expect that my issues will be gone after updating to a newer version, but I still would like to understand why and in which situation omniORB runs in this situation.
Why are only half of my servers are impacted, and the other ones are still  working fine?
Does the client behaviour influence the appearance of this issue (non graceful shutdown of an established connection?)

Thanks in advance,
Florian