[omniORB] omniORB - Java 5 Sun ORB comapability

OKeeffe, Michael K MOKEEFFE at amfam.com
Thu Mar 16 11:53:40 GMT 2006

This might be useful, in that you could compare it to the omniORB specs
for your requirements:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/org/omg/CORBA/package-summary.ht
ml#package_description

and

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/org/omg/CORBA/doc-files/complian
ce.html

Also, we are using Sun's ORB that ships with J2SE 1.4.2_03 (to be
exact!) and omniORB 4.0.3.  I don't think there were major changes
between J2SE 1.4 and 1.5 as far as CORBA support (as there were between
1.3 and 1.4), in fact clicking on the Official Specifications link
brings you to the 1.4 specs page.

Yes, you would only need the omniORB dlls for the client.

-Mike