[omniORB] SEGV on Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 in servant_to_reference

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Wed Mar 15 13:50:55 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 14 March, radamkie at kdm.pl wrote:

> I tried to change code as follows
>
> poa->activate_object_with_id(oid, this);
> CosNaming::Name  leaf;
> /***/leaf.length(1);
> context->bind(leaf, ref);
>
> but received also segmentation fault, generated by following
> line in file ..../include/omniORB4/seqTemplatedecls.h
>
> tmp = new T[nelems];

Segfaults in new are always caused by memory corruption. Don't worry
about how you came to be running that line of code -- the important
thing is what happened earlier to corrupt the heap.

[...]
> Valgrind is now hard to analize for me, but I dont see anything, that
> could correspond to length() function there.

You're looking for what corrupted the heap _before_ you got to the
length call.

Are you able to post the complete code and complete valgrind output?