[omniORB] Problem with distributed client - callback

abcdefg g g.abcdefg at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 16:29:01 GMT 2006

Hi,

Project - chat server for distributed environment
server - C++
client - java
ORB - omniORB

Everything works fine on my PC (means all the clients & server on the the
same PC). Connection with Name Service also works fine, whether it is on
different machine or on the same machine.
Problem comes when I move one of my client to a different machine. Assume
scenario as, CLIENT-A on the machine where my chat-server is running, while
CLIENT-B on some other machine. Both client comes up with Name service & get
registered properly with the chat-server. When i tried to send message from
CLIENT-B to CLIENT-A, it works fine [msg goes from CLIENT-B to chat-server,
chat-server checks for the asked client i.e. CLIENT-A & send that msg to
CLIENT-A, CLIENT-A receives it properly]. Now when i tried to send message
from CLIENT-A to CLIENT-B, it  goes  upto chat-server  but  chat-server  is
not  able to locate the CLIENT-B. Hence not able to send message to
CLIENT-B.

In simple terms, chat-server is able to find the client [CLIENT-A] which is
running on the localhost, but fails to locate the remote client [CLIENT-B].

Do anyone have the solution to this problem?

Thanks.