[omniORB] omniidl on 4.0.7 doesn't properly handle #pragma hh

Bartosz Zembrzuski Bartosz.Zembrzuski at softax.com.pl
Wed Mar 8 17:59:12 GMT 2006

Thanks for answer, I had already lost hope ;)

Duncan Grisby wrote:

[...]

>>My question is:
>>- is such behaviour of omniidl intensional ?
>>- if it is. What is preferred workaround/solution ?
>>- if if isn't. Does it influence behaviour of omniOrb core ? I've
>>found similar syntax somewhere around COS library.
>

> Yes, it does affect the COS library. Perhaps I should do a new Windows
> binary release of 4.0.7 and a bit...

Perhaps you should....

Can I have one suggestion about future Windows binary release ?

There is a problem with OpenSSL versions used while compiling binary
package.
OpenSSL on Windows exports functions from DLLs using numbers (as I
remember called "ORDINALs") and unfortunately each minor version (0.9.6,
0.9.7, 0.9.8) exports different set. Some ordinals are missing, some
other are added. (I'm using VC6)
In effect if you want to use omnisslTP library in your project, you have
to use correct version of OpenSSL - otherwise you got very strange and
nondescriptive window "Bad ordinal 3212" or something similar.

I haven't found solution to build omniOrb on Windows in way to let use
any version of OpenSSL - but maybe some is smarter than me.

I also understand that you cannot build binary packages for each version
of OpenSSL and each version of Visual C++. It would be 9 different
versions :(

As I have experimented OmniOrb-4.0.7 was compiled using OpenSSL 0.9.7

Perhaps simple solution is to include "somewhere" information about
OpenSSL version used to compile binary package and needed to run
application.

regards