[omniORB] omniORB python supplier apparently disconnecting external consumer from event channel?

K. Workman kw_member at aegis.dynalias.net
Mon Jun 26 12:00:19 BST 2006

Actually, I've not tried only registering the python supplier (not the
python consumer). That is an interesting idea, I'll give it a shot.

The Java producer and consumer are in different processes. However, the
python producer and consumer are in the same process.
I took a look at the logs last night, but there was alot of information
to wade through. I'll pull them apart more carefully, tonight.

The whole issue is just so strange. Why the applications work as
expected on my office PC, but not on my laptop has got me intrigued.
Particularly, in the manner of failure. Why it would partially work on
my laptop, until I brought the python supplier in the loop is even more
strange.

However, I definitely like the idea of not registering the python
consumer. and seeing what happens.

Thanks for the input!