[omniORB] Compile omniOBR-4.0.1 using .NET 2005(VC 8.0) compiler

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Wed Jun 21 18:03:32 BST 2006

On Monday 12 June, "S. Sahayaraj" wrote:

> We just want to use omniORB-4.0.1 only and  don't want to change the
> omniORB-4.0.1 to 4.0.7.
>
> Can we compile the 4.0.1 code base with required changes done in .mk
> files?. OR is it compulsory to change it 4.0.7 for VC8 support?.

It is much better if you use 4.0.7. I think there were several minor
changes to support VC8, in addition to the new platform file, so you
will have to do some modifications if you're determined to stick with
4.0.1.

Why do you want to stick with 4.0.1?  I can understand that you would
want to avoid possible regressions, but if you're using a totally new
compiler, I'm sure you're going to have to do a full regression test
anyway.