[omniORB] FW: load balancing?

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Wed Jun 14 17:57:02 BST 2006

On Monday 12 June, "Tolar, Richard" wrote:

> Are there any load balancing features built into OmniOrb?

No.

> I would like to be able to start up N instances of my server process,
> and have omniNames do a round-robin allocation of messages to those N
> servers.

That's not really what the CORBA naming service is for. The naming
service does not allocate messages to services. It merely maps names to
object references.

If all you want is to be able to register references to multiple service
instances, then give them out to clients in a round-robin way, it's
trivial to make your own service that does that, either using the naming
service interfaces, or something simpler.