[omniORB] omniorb_2.8 client blocking problem

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri Jun 2 13:04:57 BST 2006

On Wednesday 31 May, "Jason Chu" wrote:

[...]
> Does CORBA guarantee delivery of the "invoke(....)", i.e. does it
> guarantee that when a client calls invoke(...) the server will actually
> received the call?  Can "invoke" get lost like packets over the network?
> I can't see any traces of the server ever having received the request.

Yes, CORBA guarantees that the invoke will actually happen. The call is
sent across a TCP connection, so it can't be lost due to packet loss.

I suggest you run your omniORB client with a command line argument of
-ORBtraceLevel 25. That should give some indication of what the client
thinks it is doing, and whether the problem is on the client or server.