[omniORB] Linux make with OmnioRB4.0.7

Rachana Ashok Gupta ragupta at ncsu.edu
Tue Jul 25 17:34:46 BST 2006

Hi,

I am using omniOrb 4.0.7 with Linux 2.4.18 and gcc 2.96. I have made some
simple changes to example dir.mk file which is included in GNUmakefile. my
cpp file name is gsm.cpp. And corba interfaces are pathGen johnny6 robot
imageAcquisition. Following is the dir.mk file like.
--------------------------------------
CXXSRCS = gsm.cpp

DIR_CPPFLAGS = $(CORBA_CPPFLAGS)

CORBA_INTERFACES = pathGen johnny6 robot imageAcquisition

MainController   = $(patsubst %,$(BinPattern),MainController)

all:: $(MainController)

clean::
	$(RM) $(MainController)

$(MainController): gsm.o $(CORBA_STATIC_STUB_OBJS) $(CORBA_LIB_DEPEND)
	@(libs="$(CORBA_LIB_NODYN)"; $(CXXExecutable))

when I run make. It keeps on giving me the following error -
gsm.cpp:1: *** missing operator. Stop.
I have also tried to run dos2unix command on gsm.cpp. Also tried removing
the header files one by one just to check whether any of them is creating
any problem. I know that the make file is correct because it runs fine
with the example eg1.cc. Can you please help me.
One more important thing. I had initially used gsm.cpp with omniORB3 on
windows and it used to work fine.

--
Regards,
Rachana A Gupta