[omniORB] Binding to Other Naming Services

Piet van Oostrum piet at cs.uu.nl
Thu Jul 6 12:36:21 BST 2006

>VM> Hi All,
>VM> I am working on omniORB 4.0.7 for my corba services. I have specific
>VM> query regarding how to Bind the omniORB naming service to other naming
>VM> service?
>VM> The requirement is that, I have my EJB's deployed in oc4j, and EJBs
>VM> binded with oc4j's naming directory. I have a corba client (Bcos I
>VM> have my client in c++) which I need to lookup the EJB's deployed in
>VM> OC4J.

>VM> I have tried by modifying the the .cfg file entry like below

>VM> InitRef = NameService=corbaname:iiop:host-name
>VM>           = jndiNameService=corbaloc:iiop:host-name:ormi-port/crisWeb

>VM> I have added the second line (=
>VM> jndiNameService=corbaloc:iiop:host-name:ormi-port/crisWeb), where the
>VM> crisWeb is my EJB's application name.

I don't know oc4j, but your C++ client shouldn't have anything to do with
JNDI, which is a Java API to the naming service, amongst others.
Your nameservice should be:

InitRef NameService=corbaname:iiop:host-name:port-number
InitRef NameService=corbaloc:iiop:host-name:port-number/NameService

Does your oc4j Nameservice use a non-standard port number?

--
Piet van Oostrum <piet at cs.uu.nl>
Private email: piet at vanoostrum.org