[omniORB] Unrecoverable error for this endpoint

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Mon Jan 30 11:46:46 GMT 2006

On Thursday 19 January, "Barlow, Simon" wrote:

> omniORB: (0) Starting serving incoming endpoints.
> omniORB: (1) AsyncInvoker: thread id = 1 has started. Total threads = 1
> omniORB: (1) giopRendezvouser task execute for
> giop:tcp:192.168.100.81:49309
> omniORB: (1) giopRendezvouser for endpoint giop:tcp:192.168.100.81:49309
> exit.
> omniORB: (1) Unrecoverable error for this endpoint:
> giop:tcp:192.168.100.81:49309, it will no longer be serviced.
> omniORB: (1) TCP endpoint shut down.

OK, the "problem" isn't really a problem at all -- it's a race condition
between starting the server and shutting it down again. What happens is
that the thread to serve the incoming endpoint hasn't started by the
time you shut everything down. When it does start, it notices that it
should shut down. The code that handles that is the same as the code
that handles other things going wrong with setting the endpoint up. I
don't really think it's worth doing anything to suppress the message in
that case, since it's hardly a common usage pattern to shut a server
down before it has started serving anything.

If the message is a problem for you, I'd suggest simply increasing the
log level for the message, or running with -ORBtraceLevel 0 to suppress
all the ORB messages.