[omniORB] Notification Service with omniorbPy

Niko Sünderhauf niko.suenderhauf at s2000.tu-chemnitz.de
Wed Jan 25 18:39:41 GMT 2006

Hello,

I try to use the Notification Service with omniorbPy. I was looking for
some examples, but all I found was how to use the Event Service. Could
somebody please post a short example or a link?

So here is my scenario:
We already have a naming-service and some structured-push-suppliers
running. (They use ACE/TAO as ORB, but that shouldn't matter. However, I
want my clients written in Python, so I have to use omniorbPy, right?)
Now I want to register something (say class myConsumer) to all the
events with eventname "TestEvent". As far as I saw from some C++
examples, myConsumer has to be derived from  structuredPushConsumer and
has a method called "push" or something, which is called every time an
event with name "TestEvent" is broadcasted by the Notification Service.

I have already written a few functions to get references to all the
objects in the naming service. So I can call

ec=getInterface("EventChannel",CosNotifyChannelAdmin.EventChannel)

to get the EventChannel. But how do I proceed from there?

Thanks a lot in advance,
        Niko