[omniORB] omniORB and LDFLAGS

Jon Chock jchock at keck.hawaii.edu
Fri Jan 20 11:58:42 GMT 2006

On Sunday 16 October, julien.woillez at free.fr

> I am trying to compile omniORB and omniORBpy with LDFLAGS set. It
seems that
> those flags are not transmitted to the compilation step. Is this a
wanted
> behavior? (In my case -Wl,-R flags in order to not use
LD_LIBRARY_PATH)

What are you doing to try to set LDFLAGS?  You can set CXXLINKOPTIONS in
mk/beforeauto.mk.in for your platform to have the flags you want.

Hi Duncan!

Above is the suggestion you made to Julien, I have tried it but it
doesn't seem to take.  I still have to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH before
applications like omniidl will execute.  Here's the change that I made
in ./omniORB-4.0.6/mk/beforeauto.mk.in.

CXXLINKOPTIONS  = $(CXXDEBUGFLAGS) $(CXXOPTIONS)
-L/usr/local/gcc3xbuilt/lib -L/usr/openwin/lib -L/usr/lib
-Wl,-R/usr/local
/gcc3xbuilt/lib -Wl,-R/usr/openwin/lib -Wl,-R/usr/lib

I also noticed that these changes made it to the beforeauto.mk so I
believe the configure step is working correctly and it looks like the
"make" and "make install" seems to work as well.

Did I miss something?

Thanks.

JC