[omniORB] Polymorphic methods

Warren Brown brownwk at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 09:44:11 GMT 2006

Hi

Can somebody please tell me how to implement polymorphism using Corba?
I am modifying an application and making it distributed.

I have 3 classes with a boolean method called is_able().
The abstract base class is called base_Check. This class is inherited by
First_Check and Last_Check.

A list is created using stl list<base_Check*> mlist which contains
First_Check objects and Last_Check objects.

These objects are called in the program using *(iterator_var)->is_able().

I haven't got a clue as to how this would be implemented in IDL.
I tried using inheritance but I get:-
 Declaration of operation 'is_able' clashes with inherited operation
'is_able'

So maybe I'm on the wrong track?

Thanks