[omniORB] NameService problem (from Java)

Lolke B. Dijkstra omniorb at dijkstra-ict.com
Tue Jan 10 14:51:35 GMT 2006

Hi,

When I start the nameservice:
omninames -start

and try to access it from a Java client I get a connection failure. This
has to do with the port (900 instead of 2809):

           ORB orb = ORB.init(args, null);
           org.omg.CORBA.Object objRef =
orb.resolve_initial_references("NameService");

When I start the nameservice like this:
omninames -start 900

I no longer get the connection error but instead:

ERROR : org.omg.CORBA.OBJECT_NOT_EXIST:   vmcid: OMG  minor code: 1
completed: No
org.omg.CORBA.OBJECT_NOT_EXIST:   vmcid: OMG  minor code: 1  completed: No
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown
Source)
    at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at
com.sun.corba.se.impl.protocol.giopmsgheaders.MessageBase.getSystemException(Unknown
Source)
    at
com.sun.corba.se.impl.protocol.giopmsgheaders.ReplyMessage_1_0.getSystemException(Unknown
Source)
    at
com.sun.corba.se.impl.protocol.CorbaMessageMediatorImpl.getSystemExceptionReply(Unknown
Source)
    at
com.sun.corba.se.impl.protocol.CorbaClientRequestDispatcherImpl.processResponse(Unknown
Source)
    at
com.sun.corba.se.impl.protocol.CorbaClientRequestDispatcherImpl.marshalingComplete(Unknown
Source)
    at
com.sun.corba.se.impl.protocol.CorbaClientDelegateImpl.invoke(Unknown
Source)
    at
com.sun.corba.se.impl.resolver.BootstrapResolverImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at
com.sun.corba.se.impl.resolver.BootstrapResolverImpl.resolve(Unknown Source)
    at
com.sun.corba.se.impl.resolver.CompositeResolverImpl.resolve(Unknown Source)
    at
com.sun.corba.se.impl.resolver.CompositeResolverImpl.resolve(Unknown Source)
    at
com.sun.corba.se.impl.resolver.CompositeResolverImpl.resolve(Unknown Source)
    at
com.sun.corba.se.impl.orb.ORBImpl.resolve_initial_references(Unknown Source)

Changing the port back to 2809 and using the properties in Java to
change it:

           Properties props = new Properties();
           props.put("org.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialPort", "2809");
           ORB orb = ORB.init(args, props);

has the same effect. (no connection error but the above error)

What can I do about it? Does anybody know?

You help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Lolke