[omniORB] Newbie: multiple connections multiple sites

Wernke zur Borg wernke.zur.borg at vega.de
Tue Jan 10 08:39:40 GMT 2006

> > Can I just use the 'corbaloc' naming mechanism to get object refs?
>
> I'd suggest that you only use this for your name service, because you
> won't know the object key or POA port of your other objects.  Look up
> your other object references in the name service.

If you are not using named objects but anonymous ones that are
dynamically created on client request, it is easier to publish your
bootstrap (or factory) object via corbaloc and then let the bootstrap
object return object references. This way you avoid the overhead of a
naming service for just one object.

Wernke