[omniORB] openORB-1.3.1 SSL client

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Tue Feb 21 12:01:26 GMT 2006

On Monday 20 February, "Ben Cullen" wrote:

> I'm currently trying to get an openORB-1.3.1 SSL client talking to
> omniORB-4.0.5.

[...]
> 1. IIOP 1.2 xxx.xx.xx.xxx 0
> ".xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx....C...<....."
>             TAG_ORB_TYPE omniORB
>             TAG_CODE_SETS char native code set: ISO-8859-1
>                           char conversion code set: UTF-8
>                           wchar native code set: UTF-16
>                           wchar conversion code set: UTF-16
>
>             TAG_SSL_SEC_TRANS port = 7777 supports = 96 requires = 96
>

> When I run my openORB client it appears to get upset at the zero port,
> and spits out the following exception:
> CORBA Exception : org.omg.CORBA.NO_PERMISSION: Port number published in
> IOR is 0.  vmcid: 0x444f7000  minor code: 280  completed: No

The IOR is valid. The way the SSL profile is defined, it just contains a
port number, not a host address. It therefore only works in combination
with a non-ssl IIOP profile that gives a host address. Since the server
doesn't want to support TCP, it sets the port to zero to mean that it's
not available.

What does an IOR from an openORB server look like?

One thing you might try is to force omniORB to publish a port number
other than zero, and hope the client isn't upset that it's not
listening. To do that, you can use the endPointNoListen parameter:

endPoint = giop:ssl::7777
endPointNoListen = giop:tcp:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:7778

Note that you must include the IP address (or hostname) in the
endPointNoListen.