AW: Re: [omniORB] Tie mechanism and python

Diez B. Roggisch deets at web.de
Sun Feb 19 17:37:51 GMT 2006

> I want to tie my python classes - actually pyqt classes - to the skeleton
> classes of the interface. Every class in a pure pyqt application is
> inherited from a qt class, mainly from qobject or qwidget classes. I just
> started to use python for gui (qt) applications, but I'm almost certain,
> that I need tie classes to glue omniorb and pyqt together in a sane and
> elegant way.

I'm a 100% certain that you don't need or even more so _can't_ glue together
pyQt-classes and omniorb-classes

For starters, CORBA is backend, Qt (mostly) GUI, the non-GUI-parts aren't so
interesting in python. So unless you show me some example I'm not convinced
that that is what you really need - on the contrary, it's a code smell.

Secondly, unless you use a very outdated PyQt, sip generates new-style classes
which omniOrb can't use as implementations, courtesy to it's python 1.5
backwards compatibility. One could debate the need for that, but it is as it
is.

Regards,

Diez