[omniORB] OmniORB binary distribution for windows with VC7

MEYER Jens meyer at esrf.fr
Fri Feb 17 09:42:50 GMT 2006

Hi

Im am using the binary distribution of omniORB4.0.7 for windows with VC7.

I encountered problems linking with the omniORB libraries when using the
compiler option
/Mtd (multithreaded debug) for my VC7 project.
I have a conflict between the runtime libraries MSVCRT.lib and LIBCMTD.lib.
Investigation on the problem showed that MSVCRT.lib is needed by the
omniORB libraries
as for example omniORB4d.lib.

In a multithread debug project the runtime library LIBCMTD.lib is used
and not MSVCRT.lib
which is the runtime library for multithread dll projects.

Are the omniORB libraries build with the correct compiler option for
multithread debug?
Or have I mixed something up and my conclusion is wrong?

Thanks for answering
   Jens

MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR71.dll) : warning LNK4006: _isalnum already defined in
LIBCMTD.lib(_ctype.obj); second definition ignored
     Found __imp___iob
       Referenced in omniORB4d.lib(logIOstream.o)
       Loaded MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR71.dll)
     Found __imp__strncpy
       Referenced in omniORB4d.lib(tcpEndpoint.o)
       Referenced in omniORB4d.lib(tcpAddress.o)
       Referenced in omniORB4d.lib(ior.o)
       Referenced in omniORB4d.lib(giopEndpoint.o)
       Referenced in omniORB4d.lib(transportRules.o)
       Referenced in omniORB4d.lib(tcpTransportImpl.o)
       Loaded MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR71.dll)

Name  :        J. Meyer

E-mail:        meyer at esrf.fr

Add   :        E.S.R.F