[omniORB] Interoperability with Java 1.5 broken?

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Tue Feb 14 16:57:44 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 14 February, Christofer Edvardsen wrote:

> The first problem seem to be that Java idlj 3.2 generates different id:s for
> some objects.
>
> An idl like this:
> module Mod {
>         struct Str {
>                 boolean bool;
>         };
> };
>
> generates "IDL:Mod/Str:1.0" or "IDL:Mod/Str/Str:1.0" depending on the idlj
> version:

idlj 3.2 is clearly broken. The correct repository id is
IDL:Mod/Str:1.0.  You should file a bug report with Sun.

You may be able to work around the bug by adding #pragma id Str
"IDL:Mod/Str:1.0" after the struct definition.

[...]
> With the other problem I would appreciate some ideas on what might be
> causing this or some hints on how to do more debugging to get more info...
>
> OmniOrb writes:
> omniORB: To endpoint: giop:tcp:127.0.0.1:1840. Send GIOP 1.2 MessageError
> because a protocol error has been detected. Connection is closed.

Please run omniORB with command line -ORBtraceLevel 40, and send that
trace and all the relevant IDL from your code.