[omniORB] import failure for _omnipy file - python 2.4 and 2.2.3?

K.Wong at lboro.ac.uk K.Wong at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Feb 14 15:35:37 GMT 2006

Hi all,

I am a newbie in omniORB and omniORBPy, I would appreciate it if someone can
give me some advice or guidance for my problem. I am using a
omc_communication.py file that utilizes the omniORBPy.  I have been running
the .py file o.k. without any problem in python 2.4, but not in python 2.2.3
or software that have the embedded python 2.2.3.  The error is as follow:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"C:\OMC_Corba_WinPy_OmniORBpy\python-omniORBPy-win32\omc_communication.py
", line 4, in ?
    from omniORB import CORBA
  File
"C:\OMC_Corba_WinPy_OmniORBpy\python-omniORBPy-win32\omniORBpy\lib\python
\omniORB\__init__.py", line 227, in ?
    import _omnipy

it seems that the system cannot find _omnipy, is it because of the python
2.4 and 2.2.3 imcopatibility problem?? Can anyone suggest how I can solve
this (e.g. replace _omnipy with an older version?)?

Many thanks in advance for your help

regards
Casey Wong Kam Shun