[omniORB] Using a generated object with no module?

Brian Lindahl Brian.Lindahl at SpaceDev.com
Tue Dec 26 09:30:57 GMT 2006

How do I use a generated object that has no owning module?

interface Example
{
  long doubleit(in long i);
};

import Example
 --> gives me: ImportError: No module named Example

example = obj._narrow(Example)
 --> gives me: NameError: name 'Example' is not defined

So how do I bring Example objects into scope, so I can use the name? I'm new to Python, so bear with me. :)

Brian Lindahl
Embedded Software Engineer
858-375-2077
brian.lindahl at spacedev.com
SpaceDev, Inc.
"We Make Space Happen"

This email message and any information or files contained within or attached to this message may be privileged, confidential, proprietary and protected from disclosure and is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed.  This email is considered a business record and is therefore property of the SpaceDev, Inc.  Any direct or indirect review, re-transmission, dissemination, forwarding, printing, use, disclosure, or copying of this message or any part thereof or other use of or any file attached to this message, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please immediately inform the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message and any attachments and all copies of it from your system and destroy any hard copies of it.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mis-transmission.  SpaceDev, Inc. is neither liable for proper, complete transmission or the information contained in this communication, nor any delay in its receipt or any virus contained therein.  No representation, warranty or undertaking (express or implied) is given and no responsibility or liability is accepted by SpaceDev, Inc., as to the accuracy or the information contained herein or for any loss or damage (be it direct, indirect, special or other consequential) arising from reliance on it.