[omniORB] omniORB 4.1.0 crashes in typecode

Teemu Torma teemu at torma.org
Thu Dec 21 02:36:51 GMT 2006

We are experiencing crashes in omniORB 4.1.0 involving double-release of
a typecode.

This happens in a server that just passes any types from one remote
process to other ones without decoding or using the content of the any
type.  The value of the any is copied at least once in the process to
store it to a reference counted pointer.

I have attached valgrind log of the crash, and we can reproduce easily.
It appears to happen when the counted pointer containing the any is
destroyed after it has been sent to every recipient.

Teemu