[omniORB] omniAsyncWorker issue in OmniORB version 4.0.1

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Mon Dec 11 18:36:15 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 6 December, "Gurminder Singh" wrote:

> We are using OmniORB version 4.0.1 in our multi threaded server
> application (solaris 8 platform).

Are you able to upgrade to 4.0.7 or 4.1.0?  4.0.1 is ancient now.

> The application tends to crash say about once a week in the production
> environment.

The stack trace shows it blowing up with an unhandled C++ exception.
That's particularly bad because everything the omniAsyncWorker
does is wrapped in a try..catch(...) block that should catch absolutely
all exceptions.

Perhaps you're running out of memory?  copybuffer() tries to allocate
new memory.