[omniORB] Functionality Questions

Sean Parker supinlick at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 16 19:24:22 BST 2006

Hello -

  Two questions...

1)  is there a way to redirect the trace's  (ie. traceLevel
40) besides shell-stdout-redirect or remapping/duping
stdout?... to a FILE* or some other stream mechanism -
preferably a callback function*. It would be nice to
  1) worst case, pump traces to a file independent of
     stdout/err so that I have that data only
  2) better case: 1) above with time stamps, and logging
     some user-defined context strings
  3) best case: be able to give a callback function
     ptr so I can do my own data insertion; before
     putting it in a file, for example.

  I looked in the src and it didn't seem trivial to modify
it... This would facilitate better network traffic analysis
within the context of certain application actions. I'm the
only one using CORBA in our company, and it'd be nice to be
able to make direct functional comparisons - atleast using
OmniORB as a benchmark.

2) Are there other under-the-cover optimizations that could
be exploited to improve performance? For example, the
manual suggests turning of the [thread] Context option.
It'd be nice to also be able to compile-out assertions,
other ptr checks, etc. If I get the system running really
well, I'd like to be able to go back and reduce as much
overhead as possible...

Thanks
  Sean

God Bless