[omniORB] Problem connecting to sun's orbd

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Thu Apr 27 15:17:53 BST 2006

On Tuesday 25 April, Markus Sabin wrote:

> thank you very much for your reply, here's the output of the
> release-version. As the messages keep on repeating, I have cancelled
> the executable after the some retries. What I notice is:
>
> omniORB: throw giopStream::CommFailure from
> giopStream.cc:1109(1,NO,COMM_FAILURE
> _MarshalArguments)
>
> in the log output, but how can I resolve this?

That shows that a socket send has failed. The full trace shows omniORB
connecting to 192.168.150.1 port 1050, and being location forwarded to
an object reference with two endpoints in, both on 192.168.150.1, the
first endpoint on port 1049, the second on 1050. It successfully
connects to port 1049, but when it tries to send anything, the send
fails, probably because the server closes the connection. Then when it
tries the second endpoint, that also fails. At that stage, omniORB
resets the forwarding and tries the original call again. The whole
sequence then repeats.

Whatever is causing it to go wrong is at the Java end. Are you able to
get any tracing from the server to see what it thinks is going wrong?