[omniORB] Deadlock with BiDir mode

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Tue Apr 18 17:23:35 BST 2006

On Tuesday 18 April, Scott Robertson wrote:

> I'm pretty sure everyone of the threads were locked in the same space.
> Next time it happens I'll double check. Anything I should be looking
> for?

Well, they're all blocked trying to acquire a lock on a mutex in the
same place. For that to happen, something must be holding it already,
and the most likely candidate is a thread trying to acquire another
mutex. Looking at the stack trace again, gdb is clearly a bit confused
about something because the line numbers don't match up with the
functions it's claiming. Have you built omniORB with debugging info?