[omniORB] Invald nativeCharCodeSet ISO-8859-1 and UTF-8

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Tue Apr 18 16:31:30 BST 2006

On Wednesday 12 April, balexander wrote:

> I have recently built and installed omniOrb 4.0.7 on my machine (Intel based
> Fedora 4). I did not have any problems getting omniOrb to build and install
> but I can not get the examples to run. Specifically I am trying to get the
> very first echo example to run. I have no problem building it but whenever I
> run the executable I get the following:
>
> ----
> omniORB: ORB_Init failed: Bad parameter (ISO-8859-1) for ORB configuration
> option nativeCharCodeSet, reason: Unknown code set name

This is a sign that the static initialisers in the omniORB library have
not run. Are you statically linking your program?  If so, try
dynamically linking it instead.

Do the echo examples built inside the omniORB distribution work?  If so,
compare the compiler command lines that they use to what you're using.