[omniORB] Deadlock with BiDir mode

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Tue Apr 18 16:03:16 BST 2006

On Tuesday 28 March, Scott Robertson wrote:

> I have a service running on omniORB 4.0.3 that's been dead locking. If I
> attach gdb to the service and debug it, I see about 270 threads all
> locked in the same place as in the following trace back.
>
> I'm wondering if it's about time for me to upgrade to the latest version
> of omniORB. Anyone know whether there were any locking issues fixed
> since 4.0.3?

Sorry for the delay in coming to this...

There have been some locking related problems fixed since 4.0.3, but I'm
not sure this is one of them. I'd certainly suggest you update to 4.0.7
(or better 4.1.0 beta) to see if the problem still occurs before
spending time tracking this down.

That said, in your stack traces, where any threads blocked anywhere
other than in getBiDirServiceContext?