[omniORB] Interceptors and exceptions (python)

Sander Steffann s.steffann at computel.nl
Sat Apr 15 19:28:00 BST 2006

Hello,

On the server side, I would like to raise an exception (NO_PERMISSION) when
an error occurs in processing the received service contexts
(ServerReceiveRequest), and I would like to add a service context to that
exception (ServerSendException).

Since these are two different interceptors, what would be the best way to
add the service context?

I was thinking about storing the data in thread-specific storage in the
ServerReceiveRequest interceptor, and then using that data from the
ServerSendException interceptor. I think this might work, provided both
interceptors are called in the same thread, and that I can be sure that
multiple calls are not handled interleaved on that thread. Can I make these
assumptions?

Thanks,
Sander