[omniORB] Problem finding nameserver

Perham, David A. david.perham at ngc.com
Fri Apr 7 12:49:07 BST 2006

Howdy:

I installed version 4.0.7 of the orb and was able to run my application
successfully.
I discovered that I would need to use omniEvents in order to set up an
eventChannel.
This application was using omniorb 4.0.6 libraries, so I decided to
revert to omniOrb 4.0.6.
I removed all of the .7 files, and removed the omniOrb keys from the
registry. I reconfigured
My environment for .6 as I had done for .7 and rebuilt my apps
(including idl) against the .6 version.
I then ran omninames -start, which ran successfully.
However, now my application can no longer reference the nameserver--I
get a NO_RESOURCES error when attempting to resolve it.
The code I am using is stolen from the echo example.
Are there any other cleanup items I need to take care of to completely
remove the .7 version?
How many of the items in the sample.reg file are actually required to
run a minimal application?
I added the omninames initref directly to the registry, as well as doing
it through running sample.reg.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dave (Honus)