[omniORB] Exception trying to start new thread

radamkie at kdm.pl radamkie at kdm.pl
Tue Apr 4 15:44:10 BST 2006

Hi Luke,

Thanks for the program. It was really the problem of parameters like
maxServerThreadPoolSize, threadPerConnectionUpperLimit...etc

I check max number of threads depending on the stack size with Your
program - results for platform RH Linux AS3 :

Stack size(Kb) Max Threads
=========================
1024           3032
3072           1010
10240(default) 302

...and set accordingly values of these parameters in omniORB.cfg. For
serwer application I couldn't give too few value of stack size because
program was
generating other errors.

By optimal settings of stack size and parameters in omniORB.cfg, I made
test with max load of requests between applications to reach limit of
threads.
There wasn't "Exception trying to start new thread", but the client
application
reach 100% of processor utilization and the serwer application after
some time aborted with such message in trace:

POAPOAPOAPOAPOAPOAPOAPOAAborted

Also, when I stoped the client application, by terminating, I receive
many such messages:

omniORB: Disable ObjRef(IDL:org/csapi/cs/IpAppChargingSession:1.0) root<3>
omniORB: omniRemoteIdentity deleted.
[...]

Why there is so many omniRemoteIdentity to delete? Because of too many
threads?
And what can be the reason that POAPOA is aborted ?

Regards
Radek