[omniORB] Newbie, Access violation Calling OmniOrb Server fromDelphi Client

Luke Deller ldeller at xplantechnology.com
Mon Apr 3 16:12:53 BST 2006

Hi Si Sol,

On Sun, 2006-04-02 at 04:16 -0700, SI SOL wrote:

> I'm new to omniorb. I have installed omniorb 4.0.7 on
> win2k and successfully run the supplied echo sample
> (eg3_impl/eg3_tieimpl server and eg3_clt client).
> Next, I tried to call the server from client written
> in borland delphi (I know delphi usually use
> visibroker corba, not omniorb). Below is the code
> snippet :
> I use the same IDL file as in the echo sample, but I
> get access violation error. Am I missing something
> here ?. Is it posible to call omniorb server from
> other language (the server remain in C++, but the
> client written in other language) ?.

Yes this what CORBA is designed for.  In each language you will need to
use an ORB which supports that language: you can't use omniORB in your
Delphi client, but a Delphi/Visibroker client should be able to talk to
a C++/omniORB server.

Are you getting the access violation error in the Delphi/Visibroker
client or in the C++/omniORB server?  If you're getting it in the
client, you'll be better off asking for help from a community which
knows about Delphi and/or Visibroker.

Regards,
Luke.

Important Note
This email (including any attachments) contains information which is
confidential and may be subject to legal privilege.  If you are not
the intended recipient you must not use, distribute or copy this
email.  If you have received this email in error please notify the
sender immediately and delete this email. Any views expressed in this
email are not necessarily the views of XPlan Technology.

It is the duty of the recipient to virus scan and otherwise test the
information provided before loading onto any computer system.
Xplan Technology does not warrant that the
information is free of a virus or any other defect or error.