[omniORB] Re: value type: Marshall error

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Wed Sep 28 15:47:26 BST 2005

On Friday 23 September, =?Windows-1251?Q?=C0=ED=E4=F0=E5=E9_=CF=F3=F7=E8=ED?= wrote:

> I have a giop dump for both ace/tao and omniORBpy clients. The difference in
> value_tag.
>
> In case with tao client the value_tag is 0x7fffff02 (single repository id is
> present) followed with RepoId, and
> with omniORBpy client value is 0x7fffff00.
>
> TAO hasn't support this case :-((

Well, TAO is very broken, then.

> When omniORBpy sends a single repository id in the encoding??

omniORB normally only sends a repository id when the value you are
sending is derived from the value specified in IDL (and is not
truncatable, in which case it sends a list of repository ids).

As a quick hack, you can force it to send the repository id by setting
the repository id to start RMI: since the GIOP spec requires repository
ids to always be sent in that case. I expect that that will cause it to
break if you ever use Java, though, because it will try to read
something into the RMI id.