[omniORB] Newbie Question on compiling idl files with -bpython

Richard Johnson rljohnson at zontziry.com
Tue Sep 27 15:21:14 BST 2005

I am unable to compile my IDL files on my laptop.  I get the following
errors:

        rjohnson at tc-9-79:~/hw1$ omniidl -bpython Converter.idl
        omniidl: Could not import back-end 'python'
        omniidl: Maybe you need to use the -p option?
        omniidl: (The error was 'No module named python')
        rjohnson at tc-9-79:~/hw1$

I am using Ubuntu Linux and used the Universe debian repositories to
install omniORB.  I can compile the IDL's on my Powerbook and then copy
them over to this laptop and I am able to use omniORB just fine it's
just that I can't use omniidl.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.