[omniORB] omnipython 2.3/2.4?

Peter S. Housel housel at acm.org
Mon Sep 26 17:08:58 BST 2005

The omniidl backend of the omniifr Interface Repository implementation needs
to be able to use the omniORBpy bindings to contact the repository.  For
this reason, it would be good if there were a version of omnipython that is
compatible with omniORBpy, and if this version were used to build the Win32
binary release (in particular, omniidl).

For use in my own deployments, I have been building such an omnipython
(based on a subset of the binary release of Python 2.3.5, and a recompiled
python core DLL modified to use a slightly different search path in the same
way that omnipython 1.5 does).  If anyone is interested I can supply the
recipe for constructing this binary release.

-Peter-