[omniORB] omniorb install/RPM creation problem on 64-bit linux

Thomas Lockhart lockhart at fourpalms.org
Mon Sep 26 10:54:11 BST 2005

> I'm trying to use the omniORB.spec that comes with
> omniORB-4.0.6 to build an RPM on a 64-bit version of redhat server.
> I'm assuming that /usr/lib64 is the correct place for the omniidl
> files to be installed on 64-bit windows. Anyone dealt with this?

Apparently not yet ;)

So, how would we detect at the RPM stage or at the build stage that
/usr/lib64 is the preferred destination for libraries?

Perhaps it would be sufficient to use "%{_libdir}" in an argument to the
configure step. Something like

./configure --prefix=%{prefix} --libdir=%{_libdir} \
  --with-openssl=%{prefix}

Try modifying the spec file and let us know how it goes.

                     - Tom