[omniORB] omniorb install/RPM creation problem on 64-bit linux

wigyxz-omni at yahoo.com wigyxz-omni at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 26 10:27:16 BST 2005

I'm trying to use the omniORB.spec that comes with
omniORB-4.0.6 to build an RPM on a 64-bit version of redhat server.

There seems to be a mismatch between where the makefiles install
things and where the SPEC file is looking for them to build the RPM
file. I'm not sure which one is right and/or which thing to
fix.

It looks like 'make install" places a number of *.py and *.so files
into ${DESTDIR}/usr/lib/* but the SPEC file is looking for all
of these same files in ${DESTDIR}/usr/lib64/* . So, the compile
seems to work, but creation of the RPM fails.

I'm assuming that /usr/lib64 is the correct place for the omniidl
files to be installed on 64-bit windows. Anyone dealt with this?

thanks.