[omniORB] Who's cleaning up servants?

Clarke Brunt clarke.brunt at trafficmaster.co.uk
Mon Sep 26 13:03:50 BST 2005

> Sorry for this noob question, but i'm wondering who's cleaning up
> servants, because my servants' destructor gets never called.
> [code omitted]

I've not read every last detail of your code sample, but I think if you want
the servant to be automatically deleted when no references to it remain,
then you need to use RefCountServantBase one of its baseclasses, rather than
ServantBase (I can't tell from the case whether you did this already, as it
would be in the header file). The methods which perform the reference
counting are present in both these classes, but have a null implementation
in ServantBase. You can of course provide your own implementation if you
want.

--
Clarke Brunt, Principal Software Engineer, Trafficmaster