[omniORB] RE: Operating within a vserver

Russell Kliese russell at eminence.com.au
Thu Sep 22 11:39:50 BST 2005

Duncan Grisby wrote:

>On Wednesday 21 September, Russell Kliese wrote:
>
>[...]
>

>> From my understanding, the endPoint options are used to set up the
>>addresses that the CORBA server will listen on, however, I think the
>>problem is with the CORBA server trying to contact omniNames.
>>
>>Is it possible to choose a different address to 127.0.0.1 that the
>>CORBA server will bind to when contacting omniNames?
>>

>A process contacting omniNames uses the information given as an InitRef
>parameter in the config file (or on the command line, etc.). It will
>only try to use 127.0.0.1 if that is what you've told it to do.
>
>Please run everything with -ORBtraceLevel 25. That will show what's
>trying to connect to what.

Thank you. I did that and discovered that the CORBA server was trying to
connect to omniNames via the vserver's host address (which, was invalid
inside the vserver). It seems to be a problem with running omni names
inside the vserver and omni names publishing the wrong address. The
problem was fixed by specifying the correct address using the endPoint
option in omniORB4.cfg (and restarting omniNames after removing it's
state file).

Thanks,

Russell
--