[omniORB] cdrUnmarshal: segmentation fault

Jeff Pitman symbiont at berlios.de
Thu Sep 22 00:01:13 BST 2005

On Wednesday 21 September 2005 21:23, Duncan Grisby wrote:
> Have you called CORBA.ORB_init() before you do that?  If not, that's
> the cause of the problem, because ORB_init() sets up things to do
> with code sets.

Woops! That's the problem.

And I found that the magic bytes at the beginning do not correspond to
anything that CORBA can handle: AC ED 00 05  73 72 00.

I think they just dumped the java object onto an octetstream...
Hopeless.  I'll just continue to use my hack that plucks the string
data out of the stream without mapping it to an object.

thanks!
--
-jeff