[omniORB] RE: Operating within a vserver

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Wed Sep 21 15:09:12 BST 2005

On Wednesday 21 September, Russell Kliese wrote:

[...]
>  From my understanding, the endPoint options are used to set up the
> addresses that the CORBA server will listen on, however, I think the
> problem is with the CORBA server trying to contact omniNames.
>
> Is it possible to choose a different address to 127.0.0.1 that the
> CORBA server will bind to when contacting omniNames?

A process contacting omniNames uses the information given as an InitRef
parameter in the config file (or on the command line, etc.). It will
only try to use 127.0.0.1 if that is what you've told it to do.

Please run everything with -ORBtraceLevel 25. That will show what's
trying to connect to what.